My Mojito at Bodeguita and my Daiquiri at Floridita would have written Hemingway. He is also responsible for The Old Man and the Sea, a novel inspired by the small village of Cojimar, which won him the Nobel Prize and from where he went to sea for his famous big game fishing. The writer moved to the Ambos Mundos hotel in 1932 and for 7 years. He built his Finca Vigia after he left in 1960, summoned by the US government to leave the island of Castro. He will commit suicide three months later. The Vigia is now the subject of a capital restoration project, financed ... by the United States.
In the morning - Meeting with the guide on the place of accommodation of the participants
- By American car, visit the Finca Vigia located on the outskirts of the capital
- On the way back, stop at Cojimar and especially at the bar Las Terrazas to taste the Mojito
- In Old Havana, on foot, passage for a Daiquiri in Floridita
- Then down Obispo street, stop at Ambos Mundos hotel, room 511
- End of the journey with a quick detour to La Bodeguita del Medio