Place your candle on a small boat in a banana leaf that you have made and celebrate Loy Kratong, which each year is a joyful celebration. It takes place during the full moon of the twelfth lunar month tradition. This tradition started in Sukhothai but is now celebrated throughout Thailand. In the northern kingdom, including Chiang Mai, Loy Kratong is an opportunity for a dramatic release of lanterns carried by the cylindrical balloon with hot air (sky lanterns).
The celebrations are especially vivid:
- Bangkok: shows, parades and fireworks on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, Rama VIII bridge under;
- Sukhothai: one of the most famous for Loi Krathong with its sound and light show and dances Historical Park events;
- Chiang Mai Yee Peng Festival promises contest lanterns, fireworks shows and rafts on the river and the Thapae Gate in particular;
- Ayutthaya, Wat Tha Ka Rong:
- In Suphanburi, on the banks of the Tha Chin River;
- To Samut Songkhram, the Loy Krathong Sheaf Annual Leaf Festival at King Rama II Memorial Park and Wat Phumrinkudeethong;
- Tak at Rattanakosin 200 Years Bridge;
- On the beaches of the south to Phuket and Koh Samui.
From 24-11-2014 to 26-11-2014
Globe Secret has been created from professional travelers, hospitality and e-business. Globe Secret team guarantee our users a high selection of boutique hotels. Travel agent register nÂ° IM075100403 - Financial guarantee : BPRP - Member of - RCP : Hiscox nÂ° HA PRC0055186 - CNIL 1517931.